22 August, 2009

Who Knew I Was "Sleeping With The Enemy"?

You'd think I was the Perfectionist in this relationship, right? Well, that's true to some extent, but not when it comes to organization and spatial reasoning. When we pack for a trip, I always put my clothes in a pile, and Chris puts them in the suitcase for me. When we go anywhere in the car, I pull out all the supplies we'll need, but he organizes them in the car, and they always fit! It's no different with bringing home groceries. It never fails. It happens EVERY time I return from the grocery store. I have learned over our 8 years of marriage, and I usually let him do the work right off. But this week, I just wanted to get it done. I didn't want to ask him to do it. Well, this is what I found minutes- minutes I tell you- after I had thrown all the food into the cupbords:

Notice the labels all face the front? Notice how the boxes are organized by size, color, and type? If you could see the space below, you'd notice there are 3 meticulously hung towels, folded identically and proportionately. If you find a wig in my closet, you should worry! Ha Ha! (Now for those of you who aren't picking up on my Julia Roberts references, go watch the movie! It's a good one.)
On a serious note, Chris, I do SO love that you organize the cupboards. I do SO love that you don't like clutter. And even if it stresses me out a bit every once in a while, I love that I am motivated by you to keep things neat. Even more, I adore that you don't mind doing things like this on your own instead of expecting me to do them. It sure makes for a happy wife and a happy home! I love you!

2 comments:

The Furtados said...

well isn't that special... I gotta get me one of those!

Krista said...

um this is SO sweet!! who knew! gotta love it

Post a Comment