25 February, 2009

FOE (Finn, Owen, Eli)

Today, as he was coloring, Finn said, "Mommy, I can't find my azul." I asked him what that meant, and he said, "Oh, Mommy, it's my favorite color, blue". Apparently, he has been reading the bi-lingual Eric Carle book from Auntie Soozy. Sooz, you should be so proud!
Owen is a Monster. He growls and/or screams at you when you disturb, inhibit, or stop him. He carries his own with Finn, and often is the meaner one. Huh? Wasn't he a gentle, sweet, laid-back little baby? Sure, he kisses and hugs and snuggles, but quickly needs to run and be free. He's definately growing up, and is showing us his spunky side, I guess. It's pretty funny and a bit surreal! His newest words lately: apple, E (for Eli), Amen, Mama (finally started saying it again), and Coffee (Co-co).
Eli is Guy-Smiley. Literally he coos and laughs if I'm even looking in his direction. It's like he hears my voice and knows that if I glance at him and he's cracking a big smile, he'll get my attention. I love it. I love that #3 loves his mama. God must have known that it's bittersweet for me to watch my babies grow up. Getting to enjoy snuggles with Eli makes the letting go of the older ones a bit easier.

1 comment:

The Furtados said...

I love that Eli is a guy smiley... for a while I thought he'd be miserable with all his stomach upsets and older brothers bugging him 24/7! He seems kinda tender-hearted and peaceful now!

Post a Comment