22 February, 2009
Streams from my Consciousness
There are days I totally have a lot going through my mind. Then there are days I don't have the time to have a thought to myself. But today, I am a thinker. Mostly non-weighty thoughts. Here's what I'm thinking:
1. I HATE laundry. I used to love it. It used to be the one chore I relished doing. But now that I have to share a laundry room with several other people, load a card with money in order to pay for the laundry, and make sure the card is always loaded, I hate it. I never get to do it when I want because all the machines are in use, Chris has to carry the heavy loads for me, and there is no way to load my card on the weekends. It's inevitable that I try to do it on a weekend, lug all the supplies and clothes down there, and my card is empty. Today is Sunday. Now you know where this thought came from.
2. I love my boys. They are each so unique and different and in really different stages in life. I know; Owen and Eli are pretty much twins as far as age goes, but even 14 months makes a huge difference.
3. Eli loves me. He loves me so much he won't let me put him down. Hmmm...
4. I had a great time at game night last night with my sibs and friends. Too short for me though. Motherhood requires you only get to stay at fun events for a short period of time. You have to return home to relieve your babysitters. One of the bummers of it all!
5. I really want to start working on the baby gift I am going to make for my sister. (I am assuming she is already guessing I'm making her gift). How do you iron and sew when you have small children underfoot?
6. Last night Chris had a grisly night at work. I don't know how he does it; facing what he faces and seeing what he sees. I have a lot of respect for him. I couldn't do it.
7. I'm just realizing most of my thoughts are a bit melancholy today. I guess that's my mood. Rain and the whole laundry thing.
8. Just finished reading yet another book about the FLDS cult in Arizona. SO interesting. Why do I have a fascination with these things?
9. Church tonight! This will be the first time I get to go since Eli was born. Looking forward to it. I really like my church!
10. Food. My mind always comes back to food. What should I eat for breakfast?
No comments:
Post a Comment