Where Oh Where Have These Little Shoes Gone?
These are the cutest little shoes my boys have owned. We bought them at an outrageous price- sometimes fashion is worth the cost! My last 2 babies learned to walk wearing these stylish shoes, wearing them uphill and down. Well, the saddest thing has happened to these Rockstar Robeez. I can't find them. I've looked EVERYWHERE- in the boys rooms, under the beds, in the couch cushions, at the church nursery, and pretty much every other place I could think of. These guys are goners. I've been pretty sad about it. I was planning on saving these little suckers for posterity's sake, and maybe even turning them into Christmas tree ornaments. I know, I know, pretty sentimental, but they are a good icon of a precious phase in my life as Mommy.
The other day, I was in the kitchen and I look over to see Eli opening the trash can and drop in a nice, new toy. What? That does not belong in the trash, little boy. But the look of sheer satisfaction on his little munchkin face told it all. He delights in opening the can and depositing something in it. Down goes the lid, mission accomplished. It's obvious he enjoys this little game. Over the past month, I've found a number of un-trashy things in the trash: a spoon, a book, duplos, pacifiers, and even a beloved sippy cup. I'm at the point that when I toss something away, I peek inside the can first to make sure there's no valuables inside.
You can imagine where I'm going with this story. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Rockstar Robeez just may have been taken out with the trash, only to end up in the city dump. I can just see the sparkle in Eli's eyes. Boo-hoo!
So, we've decided to be much more vigilant in using the Locking trash cans we bought for their ability to keep little ones out. After all, I'd sure like to keep the silver and photo albums!

No comments:
Post a Comment