17 September, 2009

If the Kitchen is the Heart of the Home...

(Post demo. Owen peeking up out of the cupboards in the kitchen.)
(The full view from the Dining area. Not a pretty sight, and believe me this photo makes it look better than in person!) (Ugly tiles)
...Then this heart is diseased! But, thanks to my hubby and his blood, sweat, and tears, it no longer looks like this.
What, you say? Why the pictures of this kitchen here? Did I fail to mention we are moving into our first home? Oops! Yes, it's true, and it's so exciting. We are getting our own home with no shared laundry room, no office manager to hound us for inspections, no lack of storage... The list goes on! So wonderful!
There's quite a bit of work needed, and luckily, I married a muscle man who doesn't mind a bit of elbow grease here and there. Of course, mission #1 is the kitchen. See the pictures above. The counters are ugly. Really ugly. And I could maybe live with Ugly, but I cannot live with Mildew and cracked and broken tiles with God-knows-what seeping out of them. I mean, I have to prepare food for my beloved family here. So, new counter tops for us! I don't have a finished picture yet, but let me tell you, it already looks better after Chris and a friend demo'd the counter tops. Now he's painting the kitchen a pretty green color, and we are waiting for our appliances to be delivered. It should look 200% better. Can't wait to post the finished product!

3 comments:

AMBER said...

Sorry we havent seen it yet, This next week we'll come out! So exciting!

christina said...

Sooooooo coool! We are so happy for you guys! Horray, a house of your very own!

Krista said...

i can't wait for the next pics!! wooohooo!!!

Post a Comment