19 August, 2009

Vacation Highlights

Here are the best - strike that- the captured moments from our vacation this year. We went on a really loooong road trip to Chris' parents' house up North. It included many miles driven with a 5-year-old, a 22-month-old, and an 8-month-old, and they were troopers. The FEW tiny peeps were from the almost-2-year-old, and that is to be expected. Eli literally made NOT a sound the WHOLE way there and back. It was amazing. Finn and Owen kept themselves amused with the supplies I brought, and overall just liked driving. God sure has blessed us with great travelers. I guess we are bound to continue our road-trips in the future. We saw herds (?) of Elk, giant redwoods, a large blue ox, ospreys grabbing fish from a river, lots of food, miles upon miles of the California, Oregon, Washington, and Idaho roadways, and even an old man on a scooter. It was great. I'll give you the visuals:
Here are the boys keeping themselves entertained somewhere in Eastern Washington, the boring-est part of the drive, in my opinion. Don't chide me on my Chris Brown song selection. I know, I know, he's a loser, but it's a great song!

Here's an additional way the boys entertained themselves. I have to say, a mom gets desperate after 8 hours or so in the car. It didn't last long, I assure you, but Finn did a pretty good job!

Next, the most unique sight along the streets. I had to capture it! Look closely, and you'll see the happiest old guy on earth!

And here's the photo album. Finn caught bass, we took boat rides, we got to hang out with Chris' 95-year-old wonderful Gramma, and so much more. Wouldn't you know it, I wasn't "on" with my camera. I have to admit, there were so many times I told myself to get up and take some photos. Like when Owen was on the jet ski with Chris. Or when my brother-in-law and his new wife celebrated their wedding. Or when it rained and thundered on the river and my husband and son got stuck on the boat with a snarled engine. Oh, well. I have no remorse. I was bound and determined to make this vacation truly that. A vacation from those kinds of responsibilities. I wasn't about to stress over capturing it all. And I loved every burden-free moment of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment