01 July, 2009

That's What Pregnancy does to Ya!

No, I'm not pregnant again! But I am still only 7 months away from just having my second babe in 2 years, and my body is slowly gaining back its memory. Here's an example: I put on this skirt today. This photo of me (brunette on the left) is when I wore it 2 years ago, while pregnant with Owen. It's one of those low-waisted skirts, so it wears well whether I'm pregnant or not. I'm a big believer in using non-maternity clothes whenever possible. Anyways, today I put it on again. I was REALLY enjoying wearing it. I mean, I kept thinking how GOOD this skirt feels on, and I was almost walking with a lilt in my stride! Then it dawned on me. This is the FIRST time in TWO YEARS I haven't been pregnant while wearing this skirt! Never mind that my skirt is over 2 years old-ugh! My body was actually smiling at the realization before my mind even understood it. It's not so much the skirt as it is the fact that it's nice to not be pregnant. To be able to walk without that extra weight. To not feel chubby. To be able to take a deep breath that actually fills up my lungs. To be able to run after my children without feeling winded. The list goes on. Bottom-line, it feels SO good to be just me again. And it only just dawned on me because I threw on the ol' skirt! Yes, I thank God for my little boys, and I am so grateful I was able to carry and birth all 3 without too much trouble, but right now I'm ever so thrilled that I can say my body is all mine again!

1 comment:

Post a Comment