02 July, 2009
I'm so not Imelda Marcos!
So I've been on the lookout for the perfect summer sandal that would work with both Jeans and a cute Dress. I don't even want to tell you the length of time it's been since I purchased a new pair of shoes (minus the annual cheap-o pair of flip flops). There are several reasons I've bowed out of the shoe-buying phenomenon, such as not liking the weird fashion trend we just went through (not sure who liked some of those shoes!) and also having 3 kids replacing my own feet as numero uno.
Well, things have changed. Apparently, the Mervyns pair I bought over 4 years ago finally really are out of fashion, and there are weddings I must attend this year. I realize it is time. Time to get back in. So, I was looking through a few blogs, and I saw a picture of a pair of shoes I knew would be my perfect summer essential. They would go with both Jeans and Dresses, and I betcha they'll work for the next few years (we all know this won't happen again until the next comet comes back!) I luckily knew whose feet those shoes were strapped to and quickly shot an email to her requesting the name of the store which I was quickly gonna hit up. But alas, her shoes were about 4 years old. Well, that stinks, but it did make me feel a bit better that others also hang onto shoes they love!
I decided to search for shoes that would look similar. And I found them! Only a couple weeks and several google searches later. Here they are, and I don't mind that I spent so much on them. I had a bit of Birthday money left over (yes, I hoard my gift money until I find the perfect stuff) and I know it will be an investment well into my future. Har. De. Har. Har.
Here they are. What do you think?
1 comment:
very cute.... I'm finally regaining my balance back after being pregnant, and I too hope to wear some cute wedges soon...
Post a Comment