(Photo by Shanni)
There's not much to post here that's too terribly exciting. I will give you a run-down of our top ten:
1. Eli is eating baby food finally. I made pumpkin, squash, and sweet potato puree ice cubes. He'll eat, but he could go without it. He isn't very interested in the whole solid food thing.
2. Owen is jealous. I babysat his cousin, Ryder, today, and Owen was climbing on my back as I sat holding Ryder. Owen hugged and cuddled me and wanted to be held. I know this is fairly normal behavior, but I have never had little boys who were attached like this to me. It's kinda nice knowing I'm appreciated!
3. I made falafels for dinner last night, and I had forgotten how YUMMY they are. I think they may become a regular meal in our house. Healthy, too.
4. Finn is getting really good at building with his legos and lincoln logs. He can follow the pictorial directions on the page and come up with replicas of the buildings on the box. Amazing!
5. I cannot believe Michael Jackson died. I never even really had an interest in him, but he was an icon of my younger years. I'm sorta sad about it...
6. Chris is getting really good at cooking. At his fire job, he has to make meals for his crew, and he has gotten really good at things like blue cheese burgers, green enchiladas, and meatballs. I am excited about the prospects...
7. I decided I really like coffee without any sweetener. I used to drink it this way, but then Chris turned me onto Coffeemate Creamer in Creme Brulee flavor. Let's just say I wasn't hard to win over- but then I decided to give up sugar for a few weeks just to break myself of the 2-pregnancies-in-two-years induced addiction to all things sugary sweet. Surprisingly, I don't really tolerate sugar all that well only a few weeks later. I can eat it, but it doesn't really do much for me. All this to say, I have been really enjoying my coffee with just a splash of milk. I feel like I really get to enjoy the flavor of the coffee rather than the creamer.
8. I sewed a baby blanket in 4 hours. I love it. I did not make it perfectly. I realize- I thought I was a perfectionist, but I was sorely mistaken. I would rather finish the task than make it turn out perfectly. I am surprised that I'm like that, but I'm sort of glad that's me.
9. I am reading Corrie ten Boom's The Hiding Place on recommendation from a friend. I read it years ago but decided my faith needed a bit of stirring. It's really good.
10. I am slowly finding my rhythm of being mommy to 3 boys. It's really good. There are days I am frustrated, but mostly I am content. I am thankful I can say that. Life is really good right now, and I am totally 100% aware that God is good. He has blessed me, and I hope I can remember that always. I love my life!
25 June, 2009
(Photo by Shanni)
There's not much to post here that's too terribly exciting. I will give you a run-down of our top ten:
1. Eli is eating baby food finally. I made pumpkin, squash, and sweet potato puree ice cubes. He'll eat, but he could go without it. He isn't very interested in the whole solid food thing.
2. Owen is jealous. I babysat his cousin, Ryder, today, and Owen was climbing on my back as I sat holding Ryder. Owen hugged and cuddled me and wanted to be held. I know this is fairly normal behavior, but I have never had little boys who were attached like this to me. It's kinda nice knowing I'm appreciated!
3. I made falafels for dinner last night, and I had forgotten how YUMMY they are. I think they may become a regular meal in our house. Healthy, too.
4. Finn is getting really good at building with his legos and lincoln logs. He can follow the pictorial directions on the page and come up with replicas of the buildings on the box. Amazing!
5. I cannot believe Michael Jackson died. I never even really had an interest in him, but he was an icon of my younger years. I'm sorta sad about it...
6. Chris is getting really good at cooking. At his fire job, he has to make meals for his crew, and he has gotten really good at things like blue cheese burgers, green enchiladas, and meatballs. I am excited about the prospects...
7. I decided I really like coffee without any sweetener. I used to drink it this way, but then Chris turned me onto Coffeemate Creamer in Creme Brulee flavor. Let's just say I wasn't hard to win over- but then I decided to give up sugar for a few weeks just to break myself of the 2-pregnancies-in-two-years induced addiction to all things sugary sweet. Surprisingly, I don't really tolerate sugar all that well only a few weeks later. I can eat it, but it doesn't really do much for me. All this to say, I have been really enjoying my coffee with just a splash of milk. I feel like I really get to enjoy the flavor of the coffee rather than the creamer.
8. I sewed a baby blanket in 4 hours. I love it. I did not make it perfectly. I realize- I thought I was a perfectionist, but I was sorely mistaken. I would rather finish the task than make it turn out perfectly. I am surprised that I'm like that, but I'm sort of glad that's me.
9. I am reading Corrie ten Boom's The Hiding Place on recommendation from a friend. I read it years ago but decided my faith needed a bit of stirring. It's really good.
10. I am slowly finding my rhythm of being mommy to 3 boys. It's really good. There are days I am frustrated, but mostly I am content. I am thankful I can say that. Life is really good right now, and I am totally 100% aware that God is good. He has blessed me, and I hope I can remember that always. I love my life!
2 comments:
I loved The Hiding Place... and I wanna come over for Blue Cheese Burgers some time!
I really liked this post Jen! Way to go Chris with the cooking :)
I re-read "The Hiding Place" a couple years ago, total reminder of how blessed we are!
Post a Comment