28 June, 2009

Double Take

(Photo by Shanni)
Tonight at church, as usual, Owen cried when we dropped him off at Sunday School. He always stops crying as soon as the door closes. Tonight was no different. When we returned for Owen after the service, he came joyfully running towards us, relieved it was over. He saw Chris and gave him a bear hug. Then Owen started saying "Mama, Mama", and instantly ran back INTO the Sunday school room-- HUH?!?! Chris confusedly rounded him back outside, and Owen was still insistantly shouting "Mama" and pointing at the large tinted window of his classroom. I looked at the window and saw, staring back at me, my own reflection. AHA!! Apparently, Owen saw it, too, because he thought my reflection was actually me- inside the room! He was trying to get to me! I quickly showed him I was outside, and he happily pointed at me and triumphantly cried "Mama"! It was so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment