Irons are a Sewer's best friend.
I know. I know. Those of you who have been sewing longer than I - or maybe even not as long as I, sadly- already know this. But it took me a long time to embrace this. Here's why: I hate ironing. It's true. I'd rather fold piles upon piles of laundry, do the dishes, clean the bathroom, or even dust than iron. But I kept having trouble with aligment and getting pretty seams every time I'd sew. I finally figured it out: I need to iron. And I have to say, now that I have given in, I'm the happiest little seamstress on the block. I may even enjoy sewing in the future. That's not a promise, just a maybe.
Now, about the apron. I chose these colors because blue and green may be one of my most favorite combinations. I really like the kitschy wood grain fabric. I surprised myself with that one. When I saw it at the fabric store, I knew I had to have it. This apron has a new home (sort of wish I could keep it for myself!) with one of my best friends for her birthday. This friend loves retro, collects cookbooks, and makes delicious food. A perfect match, I do believe. Happy Birthday, friend! Enjoy!
3 comments:
Very cute Jen!! I love the colors!
beautiful, jen!!!
it turned out cute... good work!
Post a Comment