09 April, 2009

A Quick Recap...

A few of the funny things that are happening around here lately:
1. Finn likes to play with my old film camera. He came up to Chris and I the other day, pointed the camera at us and said, "Mom, I'm tape-recording. Say Hi to the camera. I love you!" Then he stopped 'tape-recording' us and said "Do you want to see it?" After pushing a button and turning the camera to face us, he simulated a replay by repeating "Mom, I'm tape-recording. Say Hi to the camera. I love you!" So funny!
2. Owen is trying to do everything big people do lately. He goes for the wipes whenever I'm not looking and begins to wipe his rear. Who cares if his clothes are still on, right? He's got the right idea!
3. Eli loves to laugh. He watches me from across the room and begins to giggle if I come close to him. So cute!
4. Finn has decided he no longer needs hugs, kisses, or snuggles. My heart gets a little sad, but I get it that he's growing up and taking a stab at increasing his independence. Today, however, he informed me that he will begin hugging me when he turns 5, but still no snuggles!
5. We had to move the furniture around since Owen's a climber. He would use our leather armchair to climb up onto the counter and turn on the kitchen faucet or grab all kinds of dangerous objects! Now, our family-room furniture is configured differently, so I'm no longer having to constantly say "No climbing" and 'de-throne' him so-to-speak! I LOVE it!
6. Eli was dedicated on Friday at our church's Good Friday service. Maybe because it's the Easter season, or maybe it's because he's my tiny, sweet baby, but I've been getting emotional about the meaning behind Baby Dedication. I've been thinking about God, the Father, giving Jesus up to the will of God and all the pain and suffering Jesus went through, as well as all the pain the Father felt in seeing His Son suffer and all alone. What an awe-inspiring thing. I guess as a parent, I am now experiencing an inkling of that awe and the magnitude/privilage in giving up my kids to the will of God. It's a biggie. I'm experiencing Easter in a new way.
Have a Happy Easter Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment