25 January, 2009
THAT Toy
You know it; THAT toy. It’s the one you don’t notice until 9pm after you’ve put the kids to bed, cleaned up the dinner mess, changed yet another poopy diaper, delivered a glass of water to a “thirsty” 4 ½-year-old, de-cluttered the floors, and the house is finally in order (only do be demolished tomorrow). You’re just settling onto the couch with a nice glass of wine and taking a deep, calming breath, and right there under the chair where it’s been lurking all day is that toy. The problem is you can’t quite see it unless you’re at eye-level with a 15-month-old.
You sit there thinking, “I should just go and pick it up. I will at the next commercial.” Commercial comes. Commercial goes. Toy remains. Then the next day comes, you hit the routine, and settle yet again only to stare at the same, exact visual.
See it? That annoying little orange whatever perfectly placed strategically within my "seated" line of sight. Juuuust so. What to do? Hmmm… I don’t want to see it anymore. I know what you’re thinking. Me too.
Aaaaaah! Problem solved!
No comments:
Post a Comment